It seems that everyone is saying that you should be doing, and they are already doing a blog. But why would you really want to do this? Does it make sense for you personally and professionally. Will you need IT support? Lets look at some of the reasons and how easy it can be…
6 Reasons Why You Would Want To Have A Blog
1. Venting – Starting a blog can be a way for you to get out your frustrations and annoyances of your life. By putting it down on many of the free-sites and free open-source software available, such as word-press, where you can create your own funny tyrant of stories relating to your daily life and experiences.
2. Earn income – Yes, you can actually earn an income from your blog, if you set it up to generate income. Some sites are looking for people to blog on whatever they want and then they pay the writers for the number of views and interest level in those pieces.
3. Professional – Creating a blog around your professional knowledge is a great way to get more interest in your business and have people referring to your content in relation to your industry. If you are looking to create a huge amount of content, you might want to speak to a professional IT services company so they can set you up with the best system of managing your content. Remember a blog does not only have to be written words, you can also include a variety of other information such as videos and images. Having them safely stored and backed up might become of great importance.
4. Develop intelligent conversations – If you are one of these people that is already addicted to Twitter and other social media you might want to include links to your blogs so that you can start and develop beneficial and useful intelligent conversations instead of those silly one liners telling people that you have a hangover.
5. Improve your rankings – If you have some knowledge in how to get the most out of your blog, you can use it to increase the ranking in search engines such as google. This takes a little bit of expert knowledge or you might just happen to pull it off with a lot of luck. Whatever the case, there is more chance that people will find you on the internet if you have interesting and informative content that is relative to others.
6. Diary – Many of us kept a simple diary, and it is all that much easier to share your thoughts with no-one else if you wish, to do it online where it will be safe from being lost or deleted. Keeping a personal diary online of your travels or of the hidden other side of your life or personality can be just as rewarding as it once was.
Blogging is a great way to develop yourself, your relationships with others and your business if you wish to do so.
Image Credit : Kevin Labianco