This is a guest post by Melvin. If you want to guest post on this blog, check out the guidelines here.
Almost all bloggers want to make money from their blog. Unfortunately, more than 80% couldn’t and the problem is always the same. And that problem is getting traffic to their own blogs. Even since blogging for money started a long time, this is still the same problem that most of us face. And in this post, I do hope to help you guys in terms of gaining more traffic to your blog.
The usual misconception of blogging goes like this. The blogger is going to make a post, proofread a bit then hit the publish method. Then he would sit down and wait for traffic. Obviously that is the wrong method. One should always go out and do lots of marketing and promoting after the post has been published. So for today I am going to share the technique which I call as content distribution method. Without further ado, here they are:
- Distribute them into a podcast – These days podcasts have been really popular and a lot of bloggers have seem to really turn into it by making it a part of their content. What I usually do is sign up with a free service called as Odiogo. What Odiogo does is automatically create a podcast/mp3 from each and every article of your blog. You can then let people download it or better yet submit them to podcast directories.
- Distribute them as videos – Like podcasts, videos are also now part of the content for most bloggers. Unfortunately, there’s no software that can automatically convert an article to a video. What you can do is just take some time on doing a video about the article. Then upload it to as much video sharing sites as you can. Luckily for us TubeMogul does that thing for us. And the best thing? It’s free!
- Distribute them in PDF format – Post2PDF is a little plugin that helps you convert your article into pdf format in a breeze. People love free eBooks and by having a PDF format of your article, you’re letting people spread the word for you. It doesn’t end there, like in podcasts you can also submit your eBooks to some eBook directories.
- Distribute them in Social Networks – Many people do so much work trying to get traffic from bookmarking sites that they forgot there are a lot of social network sites that they can benefit from. One of the best example is Facebook and it can be done by utilizing the Facebook Fan Page of your blog (w/c is a must-have!). Of course Facebook is not the only social network out there.
- Distribute them in Twitter – Ok this one is no way a new idea and almost all people use it already. Twitter is probably the fastest growing website in the past 2 years and I can see striving more this year. I love to use a plugin called Tweetmeme. Tweetmeme lets your readers retweet the article for you with just one simple click.
With those techniques I mentioned above, I can almost guarantee that you can double your traffic. I used these techniques with some variations and they always have good returns of traffic for me. Of course I would love to hear out your opinions about it. If you have questions don’t hesitate to use the contact form.
About Author :
Melvin is a young blogger and entrepreneur who blogs at MelvinBlog.com. He aims to share all his best marketing tips to fellow bloggers. If you find this post awesome consider visiting his blog. Don’t forget to follow him on Twitter too.