Guest blogging is an effective way to get inbound links and increase traffic to your own blog. In essence, it is free advertising. Many bloggers have found that guest blogging is more effective at increasing traffic than article marketing. Also, the blog owner benefits by getting free content and his audience is treated to diversity in content and in writing style.
Here are some of the benefits you gain by guest blogging:
- Increased traffic: Publishing great guest posts with a link back to your blog will increase traffic. Most blogs have subscribers who via email or their RSS reader receive all posts made on a blog, including yours. By guest blogging in your niche you’ll reach your target audience. Guest blogging at popular blogs can quickly increase the size of your audience.
- Advertising: Guest blogging provides free advertising for your blog. Also, it’s superior advertising when compared to a link accompanied by only a few words. To increase traffic, many website owners promote guest posts to their network, so you get additional free advertising.
- Increased exposure: Guest bloggers are exposed to a new audience. Be a guest blogger on as many blogs as you can. Posting guest articles a few times at a particular blog increases the chances of readers clicking on your link. New readers may become subscribers.
- Networking opportunities: By writing a great blog post the blog owner may ask you to write guest posts for other websites he or she owns. Also, if you provide great posts, you’ll build relationships in the blogging world which can pay big dividends.
- No blog: Even if you don’t have a blog, guest posting provides opportunities to link back to your Facebook page, Linkedln profile, or other social media platform.
- Reciprocation: Providing an excellent guest blog to a popular blogger may inspire him or her to reciprocate by writing one for your blog. Your audience is entertained by fresh content from a talented blogger who may have a different writing style than yours. And perhaps the guest blogger will link to his guest post from his blog, thereby sending a portion of his audience to your blog.
- Social media users: Once your guest post has been posted, contact social media users you know and pitch the link to them.
- Backlinks: Most bloggers realize that backlinks from relevant, quality websites increase rankings with search engines. By increasing your ranking you can increase your advertising rates.
- Community of friends: By engaging with other bloggers and new audiences you expand your community of friends and colleagues in your niche. This can lead to more guest blogging opportunities.
- Enhance your resume: Depending on the job you’re seeking, guest posts on relevant blogs may enhance your resume. Perspective employees may infer you have expertise on particular subjects.
- Variety: Your audience is used to a particular writing style and so they expect blog posts to be written in a specific way. Guest blogging gives you the opportunity to write in various styles and about subjects you don’t cover on your blog. It gives you the opportunity to try something new. You can experiment with new techniques.
- Comment section: Respond to comments because it can provide valuable networking opportunities. Also, readers are more likely to revisit your website if they have an ongoing conversation with you.
- Branding: By guest blogging in your niche, you get exposure in that community and boost the profile of your personal brand and that of your business. Each time your blog name is placed at the end of your guest article, readers become more familiar with you. According to studies, the more familiar people are with a brand the more they trust the brand. The more readers trust you the more likely they are to subscribe to your blog, refer you to their friends, or purchase items from your website.
Get more exposure and improve your search engine rankings by guest blogging.
Image Credit : FotoBob